Monday, January 22, 2007

Source for SAL #7 and more

Here is the book I got the caterpillar baby pillow pattern from. There are so many cute items to knit in here. I have, in my magnamomous stash, yarn to make a dress that is in here for Miss K. I purposefully bought enough yarn to make it this winter for her to have for spring-summer 2008. Told y'all I have a huge stash!





















Here is completed sock #1. I made this using Priscilla's Dream Socks pattern available from the Interweave Knits site. It's a members only pattern so if you don't subscribe to their magazine maybe you have a friend who does! The heel and toe are done in short rows and Mr. K really liked how that felt, much more so than a kitchner stitch close done just at the tips of the toe. The yarn is Moda Dea in Stormy. I like the self-striping yarn pattern but I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of acrylic yarn but Mr. K will not hand wash his socks and it will take a few reminders that they can't be machine dried. I believe that the recipient is an important person in the knitting equation and washability was a factor. It's my hope that once he gets used to the feel of custom made that we can move on to a finer gauge done in a Merino wool, and that he will be so delighted that he will cringe at the thought of tossing the precious jewels in the washer!

No comments: