Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SAL #8

Here is a sweet little hat I made for a church friend who is expecting a baby boy any day now. I made it with the same Sirdar Snuggly Fair Isle that I used to make Kara's baby boy hat. I like the little double I-cord on the top, never done one with 2 on top!





















Also for your viewing pleasure is the "Sweet Pea Purse" complete with button, snap closures and stuffed with a little gift wrap tissue. I love how the green dots on the button echoes the bobbles on the flap and strap. I also appreciate that the buttons were hand made and are not perfectly symmetrical. It looks a little crooked on the bag but it's just where the button artist placed the holes. Handmade is truly unique.








1 comment:

Emily said...

Great finish on the sock(s?). Love the hat too, the double I-cord really is cute. Look at you, Miss Smokin' Fast, just sailing through your projects! Who knew the threat of no more yarn buying could motivate so well? ;-)