Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Uhhh... scratch that!

As I sat, just moments ago, knitting happily away at the front shoulder shaping on that Banff sweater, I realized that it would be a good idea to hold it up to the back to see how things were shaping up. Warning folks, this does not end well..... The front, which is incomplete mind you, is soooo much longer than the back. Houston we have a problem!

I think I may just have to frog the whole thing and make something else from this bulky ball of a mess. Let this be a wake up call to all you non-finishers! When you put it down and then pick it up after several years have passed, you aren't likely to have things turn out. Your tension may have changed, the piece may have stretched, you may not be working the size that you thought, the yarn will no longer be available in that dye lot, etc.

The good news is that I did spend my required 30 minutes on attempting to finish a project which will free me up to work on other, less frustrating things.

No comments: