Thursday, February 15, 2007

SAL Projects # 11 & 12

These are gifts I made for my grandfather and great aunt Clara.




The angel is great little quick and free pattern from Lucy Bug . Since the angel is for my grandfather who is undergoing cancer treatment and thought it would be good for him to tuck in his pocket if he desired. The finished size is about 2 1/2 inches tall. I opted not to give it hair since he will be losing his. The button I used for the halo was from my grandmother's (his wife)button jar that I inherited when she passed away. Just one more angel he has watching over his shoulder.




The scarf is from the Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller. I made it much shorter than the one in the book; just long enough to go around her neck and touch her waistband. It's light and airy and made from Cascade's Pima Silk. The color is more dark pink than my pictures indicate. I think she'll really like it for her style and climate.

Currently on my needles is the mate to Mr. Knotty's sock.



No comments: